How to prevent tooth decay?
Dental caries is a disease that provokes loss of hard tissue forming the tooth. Presentations of caries lie in the fact that the enamel and dentin start to ruin slowly. In the initial stages of caries damaged areas appear on teeth that due to the absence of timely treatment involve into the cavity within the tooth tissue and can lead to complete destruction of it. Tooth decay is not a cosmetic or aesthetic defect – it’s a complex disease, which needs systematic approach to eliminate it. Treatment of caries can be quite painful and require anesthesia, advanced decay often leads to the need to destroy the affected nerve in the tooth, and even the need to remove it. As in the case of any disease preventing caries is easier than treating it. And for this purpose you should understand the reasons of it.
Factors that trigger the appearance of caries.
There are a few reasons that may trigger the appearance of caries. The main reasons are:
- Wrong oral hygiene.
- Improper feeding with a predominance of carbohydrate foods and a lack of vitamins, calcium and hard fruits and vegetables.
- Generation of harmful microorganisms inside the mouth. From all of the factors that influence the development of caries disease the largest negative contribution makes the reproduction of conditionally pathogenic bacteria such as Streptococcus mutants. These microorganisms always present within the mouth even of completely healthy person. While their number does not exceed a certain threshold level, they’re extremely safe for teeth. But if due to changes in hormone levels, the development of any disease or any other kind of impact the population of these microorganisms hardly increases, the acid secreted by them leads to the destruction of tooth enamel. Many readers are interested in the question of how to prevent caries and heep the health of the teeth? There are a few simple rules, the implementation of which will greatly reduce the risk of caries on your teeth.
- The first thing you should pay attention is oral hygiene. You should carefully and regularly brush your teeth with a soft brush with fluoride toothpaste to confront caries effectively. This will eliminate the plaque which is a breeding ground for bacteria, and ensure intake of fluoride to strengthen teeth and filling microcracks in the enamel.
- Another important area in the fight against tooth decay is proper nutrition and avoiding harmful habits. Dental health directly reflects the overall condition of the body, so the food must ensure the organism with the required amount of vitamins, nutrients and minerals.
- The third and very important condition for keeping the natural health of teeth is regular visits to the dentist and eliminating signs of the disease at an early stage. Advanced diseases can be treated much worse and lead to more dangerous consequences. Careful attention to your health is your main ally in the difficult but extremely important issue for the integrated prevention of tooth decay!
Make an appointment